Science Fiction Day is celebrated annually on January 2nd by
millions of science fiction fans across the United States. The
date of January 2 was chosen for National Science Fiction Day as it
corresponds with the birth date of famed science fiction writer Isaac
Asimov. National Science Fiction Day is recognized by the Hallmark Channel and the Scholastic Corporation.
HOW TO OBSERVE
some classic science fiction t.v. shows or movies. Start reading a
science fiction novel. Use #ScienceFictionDay to post on social media.
1. Will you observe National Science Fiction Day as recommended above? Do you even like science fiction? I do like science fiction and I had not planned on watching or reading anything. However, we started watching the show Manifest last night and it is along the lines of sci-fi. I will probably binge watch some more today.
2. Have you chosen a "word" for 2019? Many people do. THIS QUIZ might help you find your word!! My word was Gratitude! I think that is a good word for me, I am always trying to find the silver lining.
3. Did you stay up to see the new year in? Are you happy or sad to see 2018 go? I did stay up! I was not sure if I would because I got up early that day, but I made it. I kind of hate to see time pass on as I get older.
I really enjoy the Tournament of Roses parade on New Year's Day but
rarely get to sit and enjoy the entire parade because I am cooking. Did
you watch the parade? Did you cook/eat the traditional foods (pork,
black-eyed peas, kraut, greens...) to begin the new year? I watched the whole parade. It is so beautiful! We do not do anything special on New Year's Day except I usually clean some, and we do not eat anything special either.
5. I have to ask... Resolutions. Did you make any or set some new goals for 2019? Or do you even think about it? I made resolutions one year. I did ok until summer and then I stopped. I do not want to put that kind of pressure on myself to try to do something else. No resolutions for me.
6. Tell us something random about your week. Christmas has been put away and the house is all cleaned up and back in order. It is bittersweet because I love to get the house back in order and deep cleaned before I have to go back to work, but I miss the decorations. Happy New Year 2019!