Wednesday, January 16th, is National Do Nothing Day!! National Nothing Day was proposed in 1972 by columnist Harold Pullman Coffin. This day has been observed annually since 1973. Of course, the way to celebrate it is to do nothing!
1. To commemorate Do Nothing Day in SOME way, tell us something about your life (or the life of someone close to you) in 1973!! I was 2 years old in 1973, so I do not really remember much about what I was doing or anyone else. I would love to do nothing today, but I will be at work. Maybe after work I can watch some of my shows and read Wednesday Medley and do nothing that way! :)
2. Now that we are thinking back, please tell us what your favorite past time was as a child. I loved playing with Barbies in my Barbie house my Papa made me when I was inside. If I was outside I loved riding my bike all over the neighborhood.
3. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day? I am really not hard to cheer up, just distract me, or bring me a sweet tea.
4. How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date? I was 16 when I was first allowed to date. I think I went out to dinner and a movie with a boy.
5. Today is also National Fig Newton day. Do you like figs/Fig Newtons? I do like them!
6. Tell us something random about your week. Monday was awful...I was in the shower and looked out on the floor and there was water all over the floor. Long story short, we had roots in our water line and it backed up. There was water coming out of the back of our toilet. It was clear water, but still gross. Both bathrooms were flooded. Karl had to stay home and take care of all of that. I took Josh back to his doctor and they want to change his medicine to one that costs $1500/month...we do have prescription insurance, but holy crap! We did get an update and we will be paying $158 after insurance so not as bad. I hope it works for him. Before I left for work at noon Karl checked the mail and I had a summons for jury duty...I wanted to scream and to top it all off I had to stay late for a meeting at work. Bye Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were much better!