Saturday 9: I Forgot to Remember to Forget (1955)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
In honor of Elvis' birthday (January 8.)
1) Elvis sings that he thinks about this girl all the time. What person or topic is on your mind this Saturday? The weather. It is raining out with possible sleet/snow/ice in the forecast.
2) He wants to forget the day he met his girl, but simply can't. Think about someone very important in your life. Did you know right away that they were going to be influential? My co-worker made a huge first impression on me. She really tries to be a good friend to everyone and never has a bad thing to say about anyone. I did not realize it right away, but it was kind of soon...within the first month or so that she would be influential. She is great.
Since this week's song is about memories, let's check on how well you recall events in your own life.
3) What was the first concert you ever attended? Tammy Wynette. My parents took me along with them when I was a kid. I remember it so well because she sang Stand By Your Man standing next to my dad.
4) Where did you get your first piercing? (Not only where on your body, but who did the deed and where did they do it?) I got my ears pierced and it was at as hair salon, but I have no idea who it was that did it or even where it was. My mom took me. It was not our normal salon.
5) What's the name of the bank where you had your first checking account? It has changed now, I do not remember what it was called then.
6) Tell us about your first bicycle. It was this weird little yellow bike. It was small, but I learned to ride on it and then got a bigger one.
7) Who received the first text you ever sent? I am not sure, but I bet it was my friend Natalie and probably to tell her I could text now. She was always trying to text me and I did not have a phone that texted.
8) What had you been drinking when you suffered your first hangover? Fuzzy Navels....I loved them so much I drank a lot of them and of course got really sick. I cannot even smell them now. This was probably 25 years ago.
9) Whose was the first wedding you ever attended? I will say Max and Carolyn. I was their flower girl and I was about 6 years old.