Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Welcome to the first Saturday 9 of 2019!
1) As 2019 kicks off, what are your hopes for the brand new year? That it holds some good times. Fun things to be able to look back on. I know there will be bad times, so I am hoping for more good than bad. Good health and healing for my family.
2) Just because an item isn't brand new doesn't mean it isn't valuable. Have you scored any fabulous finds at a second hand store or website? I actually have! There is this really nice store that has second hand clothes that I go to every so often. They have name brand nice clothes. I haven't been in a while, but I really should go back.
3) This song is sung by The Stylistics, a group from Philadelphia. Have you ever been to Philly? no
4) This song was co-written by Thom Bell, a Philadelphia-based musician/producer who was born in Kingston, Jamaica. The average daily temp in Kingston in January is 87º. Do you have plans to get away this winter and go somewhere warm? no, I wish I did...but nope
5) The Stylistics took their choreography very seriously. As you can see from the video, they even carefully synchronized their hand movements. Do you use your hands much when you talk? all of the time.
6) The lyrics tell us that the singer is grateful for a friend who will walk with him along a path that "sometimes bends." Looking back on 2018, tell us about a time that life's path took a bend you didn't quite expect. Josh's diagnosis of depression and anxiety. It is a journey we are on and I did expect a diagnosis of depression, but it is so much worse than I thought it was and medicine is only helping a little. It has been nice to be able to talk to my mom and a couple of other friends about it. I worry about him so much as you can imagine.
7) In 1974, when this song was popular, Chicago's Sears Tower opened and was for years the world's tallest building. Its elevators can carry you to the 103rd floor in approximately a minute. When were you last on an elevator? I had a doctor's appointment a few weeks ago, I was on an elevator then.
8) Also in 1974, the 55 mph speed limit was imposed nationwide. When you drive, are you careful to stay within the speed limit? Or do you have a led foot? I drive a little over the speed limit.
9) Random question -- It's time to pose for your Saturday 9 yearbook picture. Will you show us your right profile, your left profile, or will you look directly into the camera? directly in the camera. I don't really think I have a good side. Hahahahaha