Pages

Friday, September 11, 2020

Saturday 9- So Emotional

 



So Emotional

Saturday 9: So Emotional (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?  My alarm, the tv remote and some random other things for my cuticles.  Which look terrible right now because my hands are so dry because of so much handwashing and sanitizer.

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?  Maybe my mom.  I hate talking on the phone.  I don't mind talking to my mom though.

3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?   no, not really.  I am not totally comfortable at school.

4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?  Yes, and As The World Turns was the one I was hooked on.  I will occasionally watch Young and the Restless or Bold and the Beautiful now, but I never missed ATWT when I was grown and it was still on.  My Grandma got me hooked on it.  She listened to it on the radio.  I do not remember this storyline, but I was probably in high school during that. 


5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?  no, I sometimes have it for a snack though.


6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?  I have been in two weddings, I wore long dresses in both, one was super tight and form fitting and my ribs hurt afterwards.  I threw that dress away.  The other dress had an empire waist and was a wine color.  It was beautiful.  I think the one I threw away was also wine colored. 

7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?  music, but I love Cher...my son loves her even more.


8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?  I think if you are saying in ALL forms, I have to say no, but I do think it can be good at times in advancing technology and in business.  I also think it can be very bad.

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer?  I wanted to sleep longer.  I am not a morning person.



14 comments:

  1. I am not a morning person either. I am going away with friends for a few days and have been busy getting our craft together. I didn't do Saturday 9, I did a Friday post on 9/11 and mentioned you in it. I really love your fall background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answer to #4 because, when I still lived at home, I watched ATWT with my mom. Or rather, she refused to miss it and if I wanted to talk to her when it was on ... She loved Dr. Bob and took complete credit for Meg Ryan's film career because she was Betsy on ATWT. (But you knew that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I was not happy when Meg Ryan did not come back when ATWT was ending. Geez, I miss that show. :(

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your answers Lori. Hope you have a beautiful day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also hate talking on the phone.
    I think it is because I don't get any visible clues from the other person

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got hooked on soaps as a teen because my mom watched them. I think it was almost a rite of passage back in the day. That is crazy that your dress was so tight it hurt your ribs! What was the bride thinking? I enjoyed your answers, Lori. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure. She had someone make them. I was very small at the time, but I think the dress was a size too small.

      Delete
  6. Lori, I hate talking on the phone too! What is it about being on the phone that drives me nuts? My sister calls and I could actually lay the phone down and walk away and she wouldn't know I was gone. It is nice to hear a loved one's voice but two or three minutes is enough!! I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori - Monday Madness is here! We will publish on Sunday afternoons to give folks more time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely not a phone person either.. but as I get older and invloed in more church work it is inevitable that the phone will be in my hand! I am praying for you ofr your safety as you go to school everyday taht the virus will stay far away and your body will be strong and able to fight off all germs! I am taking an eye vitamin that has loads of vit c and zinc. I also hear I think to load up on magnesium.. I'll have to check on that one
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a phone person, either. The only person that calls me is my dad, otherwise everyone texts or emails. Occasionally I'll get FaceTime calls from my sisters who live out of state.

    I LOVE Cher, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a super day! I prefer talking on the phone - texting is so impersonal. At least on a phone call you have some voice inflection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.