Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sunday Stealing- From Bankerchick

 

From Bankerchick





1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.
I am starting to switch from summer to Fall, so mums will be out in a couple of weeks and 
I need to get my fall decorations in my yard.  The inside has already been changed to fall.

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller
 What does this quote mean to you?  It makes me think of the Bloom Where You are planted
 expression. It is like in life you are planted in a place you can make the best of it or you can find 
the worst of it.  In a garden, you will plant seeds and you will still have weeds....so you get rid of
 weeds and keep what you plant.  It is what you are focused on positive or negative.

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
Creation and Jesus and Salvation...going to heaven.

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous.
When I am nervous I laugh a lot and I try to talk too much.

5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?
I love the color yellow, but I do not wear it much because it makes me look washed out.

6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...
which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?  I love them all.

7. Flip flops or bare feet?   bare feet, but I hate being
bare footed.   I do not like the piece that goes between your toes on flip flops worse,
I prefer to wear socks and tennis shoes.

8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines,
 this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently
 applies to some area of your life?  I am going to go with fish out of water since I am in a different
building this year doing a totally different job.

9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? 
If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?  My dad used to take me fishing
when I was little.  I did catch a fish, but we threw it back.

10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
I could name a list of things I am always fishing for, but I will go with chap stick.

11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?  Finding Nemo

12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Night.  I love to be up at night when it is quiet.  I can do what I want to do and not be in 
any hurry.  It is peaceful.

13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?  Probably my winter coat.  Karl
 bought it for me when we were first married.  

14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?  best part was spending
 time with Josh and reading.  Worst was it coming to an end and going back to work.

15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune.  I do not think I am really a fan,
 my brother-in-law is a huge fan.  I like Margaritaville.



10 comments:

  1. Loved your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I liked #12... I felt it. That part between your toes is weird, I forgot! And my coat is quite old, and I still like it even when people laugh at it. It's a big down purple coat that keeps me warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly why I don't like flip flops. Walt grew up in Hawaii and he and his siblings all wear them all the time. I hate the bit that goes between the toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! It's that bit between my toes makes me loathe flip flops.

    Re: your comment on my post -- I don't have kids, so I don't feel I have the right to weigh in too heavily on the back-to-school thing. But my nephew, who just began his junior year at WIU, is scared. He wanted to go back and interact with his professors, and he says he can eat in his room or car, but the shared showers in the dorm have him concerned. For a young guy to admit being frightened, that's HUGE. I wonder if these people insisting on re-opening are taking the kids into account. Anyway, here's hoping YOU stay safe and so do all your kids. (Crossing my fingers.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always searching for chap stick too! LOL Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! Have a good week, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your thoughtful answers. And, you sent me looking for my old trench coat. Must have donated it!
    I wore Water Buffalo Indian sandals for years and years, and loved them, but I never liked the fat-thong things though.
    I think about Jesus a lot now. What would he do? What would Jesus do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your answers. We both chose Finding Nemo.

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had a lot of similar answers. I can't stand to be in sandals, even the kind that don't go between your toes. I like socks and sneakers best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.