Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday 4 Meme- September

 



September

Welcome to Tuesday 4 where we honor the memory and legacy of our dear friend Toni Taddeo
who started the concept of Tuesday 4 years ago.



1.What memories does September bring back to you of school, autumn, songs, movies? 
Would you share with us?  My birthday is in September, so I mostly have memories
of things I have done on my birthday with friends.  September is also the time I decorate
my house for fall.  This is also the month football usually starts.

2. September is the first of what are called the "ber" months. and the end of summer 
and beginning of autumn. Which do you enjoy more, summer or autumn and why?
Summer, but only because I am off work and I can enjoy it more.  I love all of the seasons.
They each bring something special.    Summer is carefree and fun, fall is beautiful with the
leaves changing and my favorite to decorate for.  Spring brings new life with the flowers
and blooms and grass turning green.  Winter brings snow, which is magical to me
and also Christmas.

3.Have you ever gone apple or pumpkin picking or gone into a corn maze?
 What was that like?  Yes.  We take the kids to the pumpkin patch every year at the
 preschool.  Of course, I am not at the preschool this year due to covid and there are
 no field trips due to covid, but it is a lot of fun.  The kids get to pick a pumpkin and
 we go through the corn mazes.  You can't see anything, but it is fun trying to get out. 
 The one we go to has a lot of things to play on and a big thing of corn for the kids to play in.
 We would go at the end of September, so it was still hot.  That was the only thing I did
 not like, but October is too busy at the school.

4.Are fall weekends different for you than summer weekends? What do you enjoy in autumn?
We do not go and do things too often, so really it is a matter of what sport we are watching...
my husband loves sports and I do too.  In Autumn, we will be watching football if all goes well.
If the NFL disappoints me, then I still have our high school football team I can watch.  I love
to cozy up in a blanket in the fall and winter.




10 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a comfy blanket to stay warm and cozy. That will happen in November if it stays hot like it has been. That is another bad thing from Covid, no fun things like the pumpkin patch trip. I think our church is going to do a drive through candy drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those field trips to the pumpkin patch with the kids were a lot of fun. The kids would be so excited. Yeah...football. I'm not really feeling good about supporting them this year and it makes me sad. I've always been a huge Steelers fan. Have a great day, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember taking my son when he was little to the mazes, he would squeal and run...no a days, he could careless, lol. I still do the corn mazes though, no squealing, grin.

    ANYWAYS, no sports for us this fall, hubby is really mad about all this taking a knee and not honoring the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed all of your answers.
    I know about your Sept. birthday.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hear that football will be starting. I don't watch but my husband is excited about it. I like your answer on the "ber" months. I think a corn maze would be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another September birthday, Happy birthday! Summer was always my favorite as a kid, when my kids were growing up and through all the years I worked in in the school system, Now that I'm retired it's my least favorite - just too hot in Florida. Glad to hear you are a football fan too! I sure hope we will get to have a season this year. Happy September :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really sad that field trips have been canceled. We heard last week that our town has canceled the Christmas Parade... nearly four months away!! I guess the businesses that do floats have to start soon. So sad. I can't wait for this year and this pandemic to be OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers, and oh, my, October was horrid. It was all one could do to keep all their balls in the air, but the October brought myriads of new things for teachers to do. And I am praying for teachers everywhere with this Covid and crazy schedules. Online teaching, and classwork accountability. Yikes, Best wishes for a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit to my blog today...Happy September birthday to another fellow Septemberite! I do hope you will get to do your normal September activities with your family. I hate to think of no High school football games on Friday nights...that would be so sad...along with all the other things they aren't being allowed to do. I'm so ready for this thing to be OVER and done with! Have a blessed and wonderful September no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to a pumpkin patch or maze. I'd like to try it.Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.