Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Sunday Stealing- Life Entirely

 








Stolen from Life Entirely
1. Something someone told you about yourself that you never forgot
That I look young and I would be glad when I get older.  I have never forgotten that, it was
a lady at a gas station.  I was buying some alcohol and she carded me.  I asked her how old 
she thought I was and she said 16.  It has been that way my whole life.  I am 50 now.
The other day a student asked me if I was married...I said yes and she said...you don't
look old enough to be married...hahahaha...I love kids.

2. What are your 3 top pet peeves
people that are mean and do not consider the thoughts of others
people that run habitually late
hypocrisy

3. List five places you want to visit
Hawaii
Europe
Australia
Gulf Shores
Mountains

4. Share something you struggle with
sometimes I get stressed out and I cannot be around people.  I am feeling
that way this week/weekend.  It was a great week, but some things are out of my control.

5. Post words of wisdom that speak to you.  I live by this Bible verse.



6. Something you always think “what if....?” about
What if we would have been able to move Josh out of this town and he 
could have attended a better school.  He did not want to go with me when I started my
job because he did not think he would be behind where the other kids were.

7. Five blessings in your life.
My mom
Karl and Josh
my dogs
my job 
my friends (all of you)!

8. Something that you miss.  My dad

9. Post about your zodiac sign and whether or not it fits you.
I think it does fit me.  I am all of these things.




10. Think of a word. Search for it on Google images.  Write something inspired by the 11th image.
Happiness is being by the ocean relaxing.


11. Write about an area of your life that you’d like to improve.
Being able to articulate my thoughts more  clearly.

12. What made you laugh out loud today.
I have been working on lesson plans for virtual learning should we have to go to that, so I 
haven't really laughed.  I have been concentrating.

13. What are your goals for the next 30 days.
To not get sick.

14. Your highs and lows for the month.  Highs- School is going better than I had hoped it could
have.  We do have covid cases, but so far all is well with everyone.  Lows- Josh has had a hard
time this past week with some online friends.  It really has him down and also has me stressed 
out worrying about him.

15. Favorite movies that you never get tired of watching.
Sweet Home Alabama, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

16. Books you have read more than once.
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane...it is a children's book, but I love reading it to kids.

17. Something about which you feel strongly.


18. Five things that make you really happy.
When Josh is happy
When my dogs are playing
Spending time with my mom
Talking to Josh, or watching a movie with him
Spending time with family

19. What are you excited about?  The colors of fall and cooler temps.


20. Three celebrity crushes
Keifer Sutherland and these two from Yellowstone (Kevin Costner and Cole Hauser)


Lots of pictures today.  Hope you didn't mind.



12 comments:

  1. I am with you on stating things more clearly! I also love the colors of fall. I wish autumn was longer than 3 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never mind lots of pictures. The fall color is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fall colors too. Much to my surprise, I noticed a lot of fall colors happening here. Keeping Josh in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you express yourself very well. I hope your son feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers and pictures today.
    Have a good Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was asked my age in a pub once, i.e. "are you over 18?" - "Yes - I'm 31," I replied.

    It's good looking young for your age.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're almost at peak foliage here in Northern Maine--about two weeks early due to drought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot about Sweet Home Alabama. I love that one, too!! Fun questions today and I enjoyed your answers! Have a good week and let go of some of that stress!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't that easy to just let go of stress when your kid tells you he thought about stepping in front of a car. :(

      Delete
  9. I love your words of wisdom. It's so hard to explain faith to someone who doesn't believe. My friend Reg always says, "If there's a God, how do you explain ..." My response is always the same: I don't have to explain. I don't expect to be able to explain it. I trust Him, and know it will all make sense to me when I'm on the other side.

    BTW: The Cubs clinched a playoff berth before, but last night my guys got a lock on 1st place. I can't stop grinning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that Trust in the Lord sign. Like you, I really miss a parent, my Mom.
    The school and area thing really resonates. I regret with all my heart, moving away from our old neighborhood. I hope your son finds friends where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori,

    I was always thought to be younger than I am. I remember one time I was in the mall shopping when some young sales gals commented on my age. They thought I was in my mid-20s. They nearly fell over when I told them I was 40-something. That really made my day! I'm not sure what others think now. I hope I still have that same youthful appearance. :) Proverbs 3:5-6 I recite often. Those words uplift me in difficult times. Online friends are just that online. I hope Josh doesn't allow people who live inside his computer affect him negatively. Social media is anything except being social. For many it's a very toxic environment. The beautiful thing about the Internet is if you don't like what someone is saying or doing then you can leave the conversation with a click of a button. No one needs to subject his/herself to harassment. Saying prayers for Josh to deal with these online people. Have a great day!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for visiting my blog! You are always welcome here. I love Comments, so let me know you were here.